Friday, November 29, 2013

There is only ONE tree hill, even if it's really Wilmington...

For any One Tree Hill fan I think I do not even need to explain, you'd just understand. If you are not a OTH lover like myself, you just would not understand. One Tree Hill is my "dork thing", which everyone has. Its that thing that can make you literally smile from ear to ear, act like a kid, feel literally giddy again. It can be anything from favorite movies, favorite meals, games, etc. but this is mine. 

When I found out I'd be spending Thanksgiving break in Wilmington, North Carolina with my family I immediately thought, ONE TREE HILL. 

The first and most obvious spot to go was the One Tree Hill bridge, the bridge shown in almost every single episode intro. Of course I queued Gavin DeGraw's "I don't wanna be" song while we were walking up to it, I mean could you think of a better way to take in that moment then belting out the lyrics?! 

I was obviously a little too excited


And how could we not use this time as a perfect photoshoot... 



The bridge was a great way to start our OTH tour! 

Next on my to do list was Karen's Cafe/Clothes Over Bros. It was a little heartbreaking to look in the windows and see absolutely nothing but it was still worth it to see the exterior. 

  

Finding this written on one of the windows made the moment even sweeter! 


Then it was on to the River Walk. Where we also caught some awesome glances at the Battleship.

Due to the fact that it is Thanksgiving, every shop was closed so we need to make time to come back and shop Market Street, but we did peek into a store window and find these bad boys! 

 I had a moment walking down the street with my boyfriend Philip spotted this out of the blue.. Comet - Any OTH fall will understand the significance of this word! 


Then it was onto the church, the infamous church where Lindsay realized what the comet was and where she left Luke at the alter. Also, where Nanny Carrie kidnaps Jamie! 


On our way back to the apartment we found this nifty little box. I was so surprised by this small simple gesture but it truly made my day! 


The basic concept is that these books are for anyone to take, just in the hopes that they return and also a drop off point for books. It really gave me that small town feeling I was hoping I'd find in NC. 

After we had gone everywhere within walking distance, we hopped in the car and took off to find some more OTH locations. 

'

Dan Scott's House! 


Sitting on the steps of Lucas and Karen's home. 


Peytons House! and who would know... right next door was..


Haley's House

and finally Brooke Davis' House! & it still had a red door! :)

We drove by Tric to sadly realize a lot has changed since the show went off air and it is now an AC company. That's okay Wilmington, I understand you can't necessarily just keep empty buildings around for my sanity. 

We finally made it to the river court by night fall. Although they have ripped up the court, you can still see where it was due to the change in the grass, which to me was extremely cool! We are going to have to go back in the day time for pictures. 
All in all, it was an amazing OTH filled day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment