Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Engagement Photo Session

As part of the wedding planning process, Philip and I of course had to find a photographer. We did our research, and looked at a couple of options, but ended up going with a suggestion from a friend. 

Making a big decision for your wedding, or anything in general, can be quite frightening. Are you making the right decision? Did you really look at enough options? No matter what the scenario, there are your normal jitters that come with making big life decisions, and choosing the one person to capture your wedding day... well that's up there on that big decision list.

As part of our Wedding Photography Package, Philip and I were given a free 1 hour Engagement Photo Session at a location of our choice. We ended up choosing Phillippee Park for a number of reasons. 

1.) Our Photographer had a ton of experience with that location and knew it like the back of his hand. His portfolio was full of beautiful pictures he had taken there.

2.) It had the perfect environment/atmosphere we were going for. A rustic/outdoorsy type of shoot with tons of greenery, beautiful trees, the opposite of Florida and beachy!

3.) Phillippee Park is kind of an iconic place for us. We spend a ton of time there! We take our pups there for swims, we've had family reunions there, my 23rd birthday party, it's just a really fun park with some really great memories. 

The day of the photo shoot, I have to say, my nerves were SHOT! I was a stress ball. So many thoughts ran through my mind.. Will this be awkward? Will I be uncomfortable? I don't know to pose!! I hate getting my picture taken. The list goes on. The one thing I can say about having a really great photographer, is having someone that makes you comfortable, pretty much immediately. From the very first picture we took, he had Philip and I laughing, smiling, and really making it a romantic and bonding experience for the two of us! We left feeling connected on a whole new level. My nerves and fears vanished within seconds. 

Oh, and if I had any doubt or concerns about my decision to choose Angela Clifton Photography for our wedding day, let's just say those concerns absolutely vanished when we got our proofs!! 



















I am still keeping a couple private until we decide which one we are going to use for our Save the Dates.. we currently have it narrowed down to two so hopefully we can figure that out soon! 

Moral of the story is:
- Find a photographer that you feel comfortable and yourself around
- See your proofs and have the sense of feeling that you totally made the right choice
- Photo shoots with your S.O. are crazy romantic and should happen WAY more frequently. 

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment