Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Easter!

Happy (early) Easter

First things first, I love and understand what this Holiday is actually about. I am of Christian faith and believe that we are celebrating Easter to celebrate the fact that Jesus rose from the dead after he died for our sins and gave us all the gift of eternal life. 

On the flip side, I do also love the other traditions that come along with Easter. As a kid, my parents did everything in their power to make Easter so much fun! There was nothing like waking up Easter morning to find that the Easter Bunny left a basket full of treasures. After scouring through my basket, I would take that said empty basket and go outside and hunt for my eggs that I colored the night before! I cannot wait to one day do the same for my children. 

In the meantime though, since it is just Philip and I... I still LOVE to get into the holiday spirit and have fun with it. I decided this year I was going to make Phil the ultimate Man Basket! Filled with all things manly, rugged, and fill in the blank with any other masculine adjective you can think of! 

I thought I would share it with you all, in case any of my lady friends are planning on doing something special for their man friends! 

The key ingredients to the perfect man basket!!!


What we have here is:
- A six pack of his favorite beer! 
- Slim Jims & Beef Jerky 
- A magazine that would fit his liking (I went with Car and Driver) 
-Air Fresheners for the car, you can never go wrong with "New Car" smell.
- Some Mens Body Wash and Facial Shave Lotion
- A new shirt to wear (I went with a pastel blue polo to stick with the Easter theme)
- A car cup pack of gum! 
- A set of beer tumblers (I only put one in the basket because I couldn't fit all 4, and I filled it with mini peanut butter cups!)

I also scattered some Easter Eggs around filled with sweet little notes! 

Just another quick tip - rather than picking up a basket that he will never use again I got a plastic organizer crate from Target that he is more likely to reuse!

There you have it! I will have this sitting on the counter tomorrow morning when he wakes up! 

Let me know if you have any other ideas or suggestions or something you have in mind for your significant other for Easter! Adults can have fun too!

XO.

1 comment: