Sunday, April 12, 2015

Rumba & Bill Burr Date Night

So I thought it might be fun to share some of our date night ideas because I know for me, I am always looking for something new and exciting to do with Phil! 

For Valentines Day this year, I surprised Phil with 2 tickets to go see Bill Burr - his favorite comedian - at Ruth Eckerd Hall! 


We love going to see stand up comedy acts and you really can't beat it when it's one of your favorites! 

We started the night out with one of the most important factors to a good night, good food! 


Rumba Island Bar & Grill! 

We are blessed with this local restaurant, with two locations, one right by my job, and one right by our house! It is safe to say I am a frequent flyer! 


Every meal starts off with Mamma's Muffins which are like these heavenly cheddar muffins that are bite size and the perfect thing to hold you over while you wait for your food. 


Most meals also come with their "Fiesta Salad" which is basically the definition of light and tropical! I mean come on, Mango slices and plantain chips, SOLD! 


Phil went with the ultimate man's meal, and had a mixer that came with steak, a mahi kabob, over a bed of rice, steamed veggies, and mashed Potatoes. 


I had the Coconut Encrusted Mahi Mahi, with a jalepeno aioli, with a side of mashed sweet potato and cole slaw! It was delicious!! 


We normally aren't big dessert eaters but we thought, what the heck, tonight was a big night! So we had the smore brownie! Heavenly! 

Would you be surprised if I told you all that food, plus 3 beers cost us $41!?! We were shocked when we saw the tab, such a good deal for all that food! 

Then it was on our way to see the man of the hour, Mr. Bill Burr! 


Check out the awesome photo bomber in the back! 

I have to start by saying, I adored Ruth Eckerd Hall and there really was not a bad seat in the house! I mean, you can't beat that view! 


All in all, the night was amazing, the food was great, the stand up was hilarious! While Bill Burr's tour has ended here in Clearwater, there are always awesome events going on from stand up comedy to concerts to plays, etc. We are so fortunate to have places that make this possible for us locally like Ruth Eckerd!  

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment