Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A year ago from now...

I love looking back on life and thinking about all the good things that have happened. All the good memories, all the fun times, all of the experiences. It got me to thinking today, where was I a year ago? How much has changed in the past 12 months?! When I really started to think about it, I was amazed at how much was different. As the end of the year creeps nearer and near, yes people it is only 4 weeks away, I wanted to take a moment to look back on the past year and reflect with gratitude in all the good moments. 
In the past year I have...
Moved into a new home with Philip, we went from a 600 SF apartment in not the best neighborhood to a 1,000 SF apartment in a wonderful community that makes me feel so at home! 

Got the amazing chance to go to Harry Potter World and Universal Studios as a Christmas present from my boyfriend. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and literally cried when I found out where we were going. It was amazing! They did a fantastic job and I hear they are working on it and expanding it even more, another trip? I think so! 

  I ran in the Color Run! Such a blast! If you haven't done it yet and are thinking about doing it, DON'T HESITATE. At the end there is a huge concert with a ton of color and you leave a complete colorful mess. 

My baby boys got older! :( Balto turned 3 and Ollie turned 2! I know they are still so young but every birthday makes me sad!! 

 For Philip's birthday we spent it at the Zoo! Where we had the opportunity to feed a giraffe! They are one of the sweetest animals ever, with LONG tongues! 

Saw Matisyahu live, his performance was unlike any other, so comfortable and personal. Great experience from an amazing and talented artist!

We were given the fate of finding these two beautiful pups on the side of the road and able to bring them in, get them treatment and to a new home! We found them flea infested with imbedded collars and starving. Sweetest pups in the world, I'll never understand animal cruelty. 

I got the awesome opportunity to see one of my all time favorite movies, The Punisher, in theaters at its 10 year anniversary with Thomas Jane, the main character and also do a Q&A afterwards! Very cool moment :) 

Philip and I had an awesome time at Treeumph Adventure Course! Tree Top Obstacle, talk about adrenaline rush! 
 
 I was blessed this year with a new job. I went from working at a company where I felt like just a number to company that feels like a family. Even though I have been there less than a year I feel at home. This was a picture I took before a work event at the horse track. I love my job and all the great opportunities it has brought me this year! Philip also got a new job this year that has allowed him to grow so much as a person and learn a field that could become a career!

I spent my birthday in Georgia, where I visited the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, which by the way is amazing! We were able to see a turtle that had completed her rehab and was being set free out into the ocean! Great experience! Just keep swimming Sandy Hook! 


 I surprised Philip with a night time deep sea shark fishing trip! He actually caught a shark too! Unfortunately I couldn't snap a picture in time before we threw the shark back over. 
 

We spent a very rainy 4th of July hoping for it to clear up, which it did, and we were able to catch an absolutely stunning firework show! 
We traveled to St. Augustine where we were able to see Philip's cousin get married! Visit Castillo De San Marco's, and get to spend time with Philip's brother Chris who is in the Navy and his ship just so happened to break down right near St. Augustine. 


My mom, sister and I went to see Maroon 5 for the second time! My mom is kind of in love with Adam and every concert in our area she jumps on! It was my sister's first concert ever, and the opening performer was Kelly Clarkson who is one of my all time favorites! Amazing night for us 3!  

Philip and I celebrated 7 years together this year! I truly believe he is my soul mate. I love this man with all my heart! I feel like throughout this year our love has grown more and more each day! 

Imagine Dragons concert was amazing! :) We were fortunate enough to get these tickets for free from my mom!

We visited the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary where we encountered so many amazing primates. They are so beautiful and unique. We spent hours there, learning about them, feeding them, it was amazing. 
 
We had a spooky Halloween carving pumpkins and attempting to watch The Conjuring, we made it about 30 minutes in, freaked out and turned it off! 

 Found out I needed glasses. After months of barely being able to read street signs while driving I got up the courage to see the Eye Doctor and discovered I have 20/70 vision. I am still working on getting used to the glasses, I constantly feel like they are sunglasses and need to take them off as soon as I go indoors, but the world looks a lot different and detailed now! So I am thankful for that :) 

The TimeFlies concert was incredible! They are so talented and such a good time! 

We just returned from a trip to North Carolina and are looking so forward to Christmas! Only 22 days! I am so glad that this year has been so much fun, a change of environment, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment