Monday, December 2, 2013

Blogmas anyone?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 
I am pretty familiar with Vlogmas on YouTube where YouTubers vlog everyday until Christmas but I thought why not try BLOGMAS? I am a HUGE fan of Christmas, sadly I couldn't wait until December to start decorating our house. My tree is up, ornaments are on, stockings have been hung and it is beginning to look A LOT like Christmas! 


 I am happy to say I am about 75% done with my Christmas shopping with 3 weeks to go :)! Success!

I found a little Christmas Questionnaire on http://www.makeup-pixi3.com/2013/11/the-2013-christmas-tag.html
and thought I would take part! 

1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
This is a tough question for me. I would choose a real tree over a synthetic one ANY DAY. There is just something about going to pick out your Christmas tree with your family, finding the perfect one, struggling to get it in the car and out and the Christmas aroma that fills your house! On the other hand, I have a fake tree in my home. Why? My boyfriend and I decided after our first Christmas in our home together this would be the best route to go because of our dogs. I have two VERY curious pups, and I can just imagine one of them trying to drink the water from under the tree and knocking the entire thing over! 

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
 Another toughie because I am not a big coffee drinker. I would probably say Hot Cocoa with loads of Marshmallows! :) 

3.  Whats your favorite color scheme for decorating the tree?
I have never really followed the color scheme on the tree idea. Our tree is full of ornaments that are from significant memories in our lives. For example, after getting into a car accident where a deer rammed my car my ornament for that year was a deer. Each year we all receive an ornament that has something to do with something that happened that year. On top of that we pick up one ornament from any place we travel to so that at the end of the year we can relive all of the memories! 

4.  Giving or receiving?
As much as I love opening presents and getting new things, I love to watch others open presents that I picked out for them. I try to put a lot of thought into every single person I buy for's presents so it is a true joy to see their face when they open their presents!  

5.  To mince pie or not to?
Honestly, never had it, so I would not be the best judge here for an answer... 

6.  What's your traditional Sunday lunch?   
Well considering Christmas this year falls on a Wednesday we will go with that. We usually just have the regular, some ham or turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, some sort of pie. My grandma is an amazing cook and baker so anything she decides to make is alright with everyone!  
  
 7.  Christmas day fashion
It is a tradition in our family to open PJ's on Christmas Eve. We have done this every year since I can remember. We then sleep in those PJs and wear them on Christmas Day! So we are extremely fancy in my family ;)  

8.  What's your favorite Christmas song?
Has been and always will be Baby It's Cold Outside. There is just something about thinking about cold weather and being stuck indoors with someone special cuddled up next to a fire. Am I a hopeless romantic or what?

9.  What's your favorite Christmas film?
Elf, of course. What else?!
10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
BEFORE! I can barely make it to 7 am. We usually set our alarm at 6 am and get up and open presents at home, then go to my mom's and open presents there, then go to my dad's and do presents there. This all takes place before lunch! I don't have that kind of patience. 
Happy Holidays Everyone!     
Also, I may or may not have the sweetest boyfriend in the world who makes me Christmas shaped pancakes on Sunday mornings ;) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment