Monday, December 16, 2013

My sanctuary

I've been under a little more stress than usual lately. I think it might have a combination to do with the holidays, expenses, being an adult and all that comes with it: cleaning the house, taking care of the dogs, paying the bills, spending 90% of my day at work. Normal adult life I guess you could say. While I have no right to complain, because this is life, it can still be somewhat overwhelming! 

I've tried a few things lately to help me with my stress, yoga, meditation, etc. but I always find myself cleaning the rooms I am in, or not able to focus, or get a breath of fresh air. My boyfriend came up with an AMAZING Christmas idea, that I was able to get a little early :) 

My boyfriend did some shopping at Lowe's and was able to put together a nice relaxing area on our patio that can be my getaway at times! I can read out there, blog out there, listen to my meditations, anything. All in the fresh air! :) 


He got me outdoor shades so that I can see out but no one can see in! :) It also helps with some of the heat! Not to mention the super cute lanterns he hung so I can read at night. 


This is one end of our patio, and my creeper Ollie in the corner. I got some of my favorite plants ever, Elephant Ears! They are so beautiful and easy to take care of. 


My other side of the patio has another Elephant Ear, a rotating fan for the more warmer days, and two super cute comfy chairs! There is a shelf between the chairs that he put some candles and books on and I cannot wait to spend numerous nights out here in my sanctuary! <3 

Merry early Christmas to me :) 


Ollie approves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment