Saturday, February 7, 2015

Happy Birthday to Philip!

Hi everyone!

The topic of today's conversation is... my lovely man friends birthday! I get really excited about birthdays, especially Philip's and love to fill the day with fun and surprises! I thought I would take you guys along, for Philips 23rd birthday festivities!!! 



Start of the birthday, what better way to wake up on your birthday then to your house fully decorated?! 




Now wait, hold on, I have an explanation. Philip and I are OBSESSED and when I say that word, don't take it lightly, with the TV Show "The Office". Literally, we watch it on Netflix ALL THE TIME! When we finish it, we just restart it. It never gets old. Now, one of our favorite episodes takes place much like this picture, and I thought I'd share a clip to shed some light on where I got my inspiration from ;) 



I made Philip a "birthday box" full of random stuff, because he has been loving getting the monthly boxes and I thought it would be fun to make my own. Inside held numerous random things, including... 

Tickets to go Deep Sea Fishing at Hubbard's Marina!


And with that being said, we were off! 


AND, Phil got to rock his new fishing hat! 


It was such a beautiful morning, the boat departed right at sunrise and we had such an amazing time!! It doesn't hurt that we caught a bunch of fish!! The really cool thing about Hubbard's Marina is that all the fish you catch, you can keep, and bring to them to filet and prepare in the restaurant next door! 


The pelicans were going crazy over the scraps! 


I mean... we caught a ton of fish! 



It made for one delicious lunch. They pair this with fries, coleslaw, and hush puppies and it is such a steal of a price. 


Next, it was time to go home, shower, and get ready for the night. Philip's family and I had planned a little birthday dinner get together! So thankful for everyone that was able to come and help me keep it a surprise!!!



Love you guys! 


And I mean, come on, is this not the coolest cake ever for a fisherman?!

All in all, I hope he had an amazing birthday and that 23 will be one of the best of many years to come!

Now, after this completely packed day, we need some serious SLEEP!

XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment