Sunday, February 1, 2015

Spa Night - At Home

I don't know about you, but after a long week of work, I really need some me time to unwind. I find one of my favorite places to do that is in my tub! Our tub was one of the selling points on why we moved where we did, because they had the garden style tub. I'll never go back, haha! 

You don't need to spend a ton of money to really relax and have your own spa night at home! All you need is the right tools and you are on your way to your very own oasis! 


One key ingredient of a relaxing spa night at home is Epsom Salt! I like to get the scented bag that is infused with Lavender, because for one, I love love love the smell of Lavender! Also though, Lavender comes from an herb, and has healing properties that help treat stress, anxiety, insomnia, and depression. Somehow, it has a way of creating a calming affect to our minds, which is perfect when you need some R&R. 

Also, Epsom Salt works wonders on your body! Epsom Salt is very high in Magnesium, so soaking in Epsom Salt really allows the Magnesium to soak into your muscles and joints, helping with muscle tension, joint pain, and inflammation. 


Another helpful tool for relaxation is the Dr. Teal's Foaming Bath - which works similar to a bubble bath, but I actually get hives from bubble bath so I have found this to be a great alternative and is really gentle on the skin. Again, love Lavender! 


Now let's talk about your lighting! When taking a relaxing bath, the right amount of light can either make or break your relaxation. These candles are just the perfect amount of light and actually are water activated and float in the bath with you. 


I tried to get a picture to give you an idea of how they look, haha! 

Now, I'm not sure if you are anything like me, but I actually cannot just sit in the bath and relax and do absolutely nothing... I get bored! Then want to get out within 15 minutes and it ends up being just a waste of water. I like to enjoy myself! Use this as my "ME" time! I like to bring my laptop in and watch some of my girlie shows while in the bath, currently that would be the Sex and the City TV Series! 


Last but not least, before slipping in to your bath for your soak, don't forget the most important part!! 


I love to enjoy my baths with a glass of my favorite wine. I am currently LOVING Menage a Trois - California Red Wine! 

Now, throw your hair up in a bun, lay back, relax, enjoy yourself and be in the moment! Of course don't forget to have a clean soft towel and some slippers waiting to greet you on your way out! 


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment