Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Goals, Hopes & Dreams


When I sat down and thought about jotting down some "New Years Resolutions" the idea just seemed silly. It's kinda human nature to want to do the things you are restricted from doing, so why limit yourself. Think about it like this, if I were to say to you, "Whatever you do, DO NOT think about pumpkin pie..." what did you just think about? Did I get ya? The more I feel that we restrain ourselves from not doing things, the more they become desirable. So, no I am not going to say no Fast Food, or Soda, whatsoever, because it just is not realistic. Rather than setting resolutions that limit me, I thought I would jot down some dreams and goals for this year.

- I hope to further my education. I only need two more subjects of classes to finish my AA but the thought of them completely haunts me. I have Math and Science credits left, which are not necessarily the areas where I excel. Regardless of that fact, I hope that by the end of this year I can say I completed at least one of those two if not both! ;) While my education has taken a much slower course than I would have thought, I haven't given up and that is part of the process. 

- Another goal I have this year is to build my credit and put some money away. Philip and I are about to resign our lease to last until March of 2016 but are hoping to buy our first home after our lease expires. We are hoping to find a starter home, local to where we live now, we really are loving Oldsmar/Palm Harbor something with at least two bedrooms so that we have enough space for ourselves and the pups and a one day family. We are looking for a home that has a backyard that is either fenced in or an area that we could have fenced in so the dogs can run freely and get out all of their energy and exercise, and something with a garage. I have this dream of owning a house with a garage and making that Philip's Man Cave of sorts so he can have a place to work on his car, and store all of his tools. I pin things on Pinterest all the time of what I would make if he had a Man Cave... (am I weird or what). 

I have slowly been working on building my credit and putting small increments of money away but those things take time, and something always seems to come up. I found this pretty cool money saving guide I might give a shot...



I found this chart on www.freshandorganized.com

Essentially you put a certain amount of money away each week for a year, the dollar amount corresponds to that week in the year, by the time your done, you should have saved $1,378.

-Another facet of my life that I am going to continue working on is my fitness! I just got a FitBit for Christmas and I am so excited to get back into the swing of things and put it to good use. Like I mentioned before, I am part of the Tone It Up Community, or as I like to call it the Tone It Up Movement.  Every season for the most part, the girls host a challenge, currently I am a part of the "Love Your Body Challenge". The challenge is full of daily motivation, tips, tricks, workout videos, healthy meal ideas, weekly prizes and more! One of my goals this year is to stay on top of it within TIU and continue being an active part of their community! Each challenge they usually host a 100 mile challenge where you run 100 miles over the course of the challenge. I have yet been able to finish one so this year that is one of my goals! 100 miles during a challenge! 


Work Hard, Play Hard! 

-Lastly, and very importantly, one of my goals is to continue dating my fiance. To me, relationships fail because people become complacent. They assume their partner knows they love them and don't need to show it often. I am going to use this year to get even closer to Philip and enjoy our time as an engaged couple. As much as he continues to court me, I will continue to woo him :) We have a lot of wedding planning ahead of us and I am excited to spend more quality time together and grow as a couple. We have the ceremony and venue location set in stone and I have my dress so the next step is Engagement Photo's! I have been saving some pretty cute ideas but am trying to workout the style we are going for that is kind of like, Classic, Timeless, Old Romance. Hopefully we can pull it off!  

Here Here, to a New Year!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment