Sunday, January 11, 2015

Tea Tree Oil, aka Your New Best Friend

Meet Tea Tree Oil, like it says, get ready to get personal, because you two are about to become best friends.


(I purchased mine at a local health food store)

I discovered the uses for tea tree oil awhile ago, and it's not a very pretty story either. At the time I was working at a day care facility and it seemed like everywhere I turned, kids were scratching their heads! If you don't know where I am going with this then you have obviously never had head lice. Just thinking about it makes me itch! 

I read that Tea Tree was a great ingredient in keeping those horrible monsters far away because they could not stand the smell!

From there I started doing weekly washes with...


Then, I got a little curious...

Tea Tree Oil sounded pretty powerful, so I did some digging and I found so many other uses for it that I now use daily. It felt to awesome to keep just to myself. 

I found that not only is it awesome for ridding critters like lice, but also fleas on dogs! Just a little drop on their collars and it is supposed to work like a flea collar that the fleas avoid like the plague. 

Then I realized that Tea Tree Oil can also do wonders for my skin and that is where I lead you today...

Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleanser! 



I use this before I put on my make up in the morning, after I wash my face at night, and I spray some on our pillows before we go to sleep! To give you a little background information, Tea Tree Oil has been used for YEARS as a disinfectant/bacteria killer and has been proven to help with acne/blemishes and redness. Just make sure to use it in small amounts! In large amounts it can really irritate and dry out your skin. 

& It's probably the easiest thing in the world to put together.

You will need...
  • Travel Sized Spray Bottle (I got mine in the travel section at Target)
  • Bottle of Distilled Water
  • Tea Tree Oil


I know, crazy, think you can handle it?! Basically, all you are doing is diluting the oil because it is so strong. 

Fill your spray bottle about 95% with water, add about 3-5 drops of tea tree oil, screw the lid on and shake! Thats it! You are done. Trust me, 3-5 drops is all you need because tea tree oil is extremely potent and powerful. 

Don't worry about the smell, you'll get used to it and it fades quickly. 

I have heard some people putting the oil directly onto a cotton ball and wiping down their face, but I have sensitive skin and am hesitant to try this one. 

Do some research of your own if interested, I am sure Tea Tree Oil has many other capabilities! 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment