Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Young & Engaged...


I am young, and in love. 
I am young, and engaged. 

I am 22 years old, and with the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, so who's to say I am too young to know this? 

What is the worst part of being young and getting married you may ask? 
Everyone on the outside's reaction. Strangers, Acquaintances, even some family members. There is always the question of, why? Don't you want to wait a little longer, make sure he is the one? Why are you rushing? 

Here's my take or my response to everyone, if you're in the same situation, if your thinking to yourself that we are to young, here's my side of the story. 

In my opinion, the ultimate goal in life, is to live it to the the fullest, experience amazing things, travel, start a family, have a career that I love, and a home that I find solace in, make amazing friendships and change people's lives for the better. Leave this Earth with a sense that I lived my life fully and wholly and true to myself. Why would I not want to spend all of those moments with Philip by my side? 

Philip is my very best friend. I can laugh with him, I can cry with him, I can go to him for advice, I can fight with him, he is my person. He is the first person I want to call when I have good news, and the first person I reach out to for help after a bad day. He pushes me to try my best and strive for the best and motivates me to try new things. He doesn't hinder me from having a life outside of him with friends and hobbies and an identity aside from a couple. 

I have not lost myself in our relationship, I have found myself, and who I want to be. 

Philip and I have had our amazing days and we have had our dark days. We fight, all couples do, but we don't let those fights define us. We have experienced life together as children and as adults and have dealt with hardships that life can throw at you. We have seem death, loss, money problems, and I am not saying we are fully equipped to handle anything from left field, but I am saying that together we are stronger. 

There is no age limit to finding your soul mate, you can be 15 or 50. 

I found it quite interesting a couple of years ago when I would hang out with single friends and go out and have fun and what not, you know, girls night! I would go out expecting an all girls night, just fun times with my girlfriends. I would leave Philip at home and go out and realize that all my single friends were searching for what I had at home waiting for me. Everyone would get glamoured up and look absolutely stunning in the hopes of meeting a nice/attractive guy that you could find a connection with. 

If I have my perfect person already, why would I want to continue testing the water, trying to see if the grass is greener. 

Philip is the one for me, I have known that since I was 14 years old. There is something about love, that when it's real and it's right, you'll just know. You'll feel it from the moment you meet. There is an electricity between the two of us that just draws us towards each other and connects us on a level that only we can reach.

Being 22 does not mean I am rushing things, being together for 8+ years means I am ready to commit myself and my life to one man, until death do us part. 

I guess my point of this post, was just to spread the word, that not all people that get married or fall in love young are crazy or have a lack of reality. If anything, I think I have grasped reality, grasped what I want out of life, and someone just for me to share it with. 


XO

2 comments: