Sunday, March 15, 2015

Baked Apricot Chicken

Hi everyone! 

So a couple years ago, my mom and I took a day trip to Ft. Myers and discovered their Seminole Gulf Murder Mystery Dinner train. It's a really fun concept and is so different than anything we had ever experienced before. Aside from the awesome entertainment, the food was incredible! They usually have three dinner entree options to pick from, and I was fortunate enough to choose their Baked Apricot Chicken. The BEST chicken I have ever had! Now I am not saying this is an exact replica of theirs but I did my best to put my own spin on it! 

This is Philip's favorite dish of mine! 

For starters, you will need:
  • Chicken Drumsticks 
  • 1 Lemon
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt & Pepper (I use Mrs. Dash Table Blend for the Pepper!)
  • Apricot Preserve 
  • Worcestire Sauce
First things first, I start by slicing up the lemon and arranging the slices on my baking dish. Then I place the drumsticks right on top of them. I bought this pack of chicken at Target for around $7.00 and this is only half of the meat! I saved the other half in the freezer to make this again because Philip literally begs for them! 


Next I just season the chicken with salt and Mrs. Dash Table Blend and some olive oil. 


Then it's time to baste your chicken! I bought the Smuckers Simply Fruit Apricot Preserve. Honestly, because it was all that Target had in the flavor. I might look further in the future for something a little more natural and less sugar but this is still delicious!


Just brush this onto your chicken so that it has a nice glaze. Lastly, I sprinkle some Worcestire Sauce all over as well. 

Now pop your chicken into the oven at 400 degrees for about 50 minutes. 


When you are done, voila! You will have a delicious meal! Pair this with your choice of sides, I typically go with a starch and a veggie and you are good to go! 



Bon Appetite! 

XO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment