Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Another one of those life updates


Life has been a whirl wind lately. Every now and then I have to remember to stop, take a breath, and relax! 

Work has been eventful! I love working for a company that is continuously tackling new projects and new goals, it keeps me on my toes and I feel like I learn something new every single day! 

Where to even begin, what we have been up to the past couple weeks! 

Philip and I took some time to go on a double date with our favorite couple, Joey and Carissa and went bowling! We learned that, we shouldn't make fun of Philip for asking people to wax his ball, because it actually does make him bowl better, Joey and Carissa are the ultimate kings of hot sauce and I am pretty sure don't have working taste buds! And last but not least, I SUCK AT BOWLING. 




Shortly after that, we went to the Safety Harbor Seafood Festival with my Mom, Sister, and her best friend Rebecca (who might as well be my sister because we have known her since the day she was born). 




It was a really fun event, and the weather was beautiful so we didn't completely boil under the Florida sun! We spent the day walking the festival, trying some really good seafood, listening to good music, and checking out the set up shops that were there. 



I got seriously the ultimate hook up, what you see here is the world's best crab cake, piled on top of yellow rice and craw fish, with a Greek salad! 




It was a really fun day! I love all of these local festivals and want to make a point to go to more in the future. 

Shortly after that, Phil and I went out to celebrate...



For those of you who don't know, over the last couple of weeks, Philip has been transitioning his career and has put in his notice with his current company and will be starting a new career path a week from today! & it just so happens, we are going to be working together! Yup, that's right, Philip got a job with my company! He will be at one of our branches, and I am at the corporate office so while we won't work together very much, it's still very cool to work towards the same goal and vision. 

We just recently attended our first work event together and it was so much fun! Each year our company, in partners with one of our vendors, hosts a Day at the Races! It turns out to be such a great event, where I think it was safe to say everyone had a really great time! 



I of course jumped at the opportunity to wear a pretty dress and feel a little bit like one of the Blue Bells for a day! 


So handsome! 

Well, family and friends, and hopefully some blog readers. That is it! That is what life has been like in our household lately. With the change of jobs, we are already excited to start looking a little deeper into the future at houses, and have a more specific location in mind now! 

As March comes to a close, I again can't help but look back and think about how much changes in our lives over the matter of years, months, even days! 

If only now I could queue: "On the Ride" ....

 Just sing it in your head! haha

XO.

Life has moments hard to describe
Feeling great and feeling alive
Never coming down from this
Mountain we're on

Always knowing we're gonna be fine
Feeling great and feeling alive
Never coming down from this
Mountain were on
The view is so clear
And it's crazy up here
Life is amazing with you on the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment