Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring Cleaning Series: My front entryway!

Hey cleaning people! 

It's Day 1 for me and I thought I would tackle something that has been driving me crazy for probably over a year now...

Our Front Entry Closet! 

This is our closet that should be used for things like shoes, jackets, umbrellas, things you need to grab when you are on your way out the door and on your way back in. Well, sadly, this has not been the case with our closet. I wish I had snapped a before photo but I was slightly too embarrassed! It had turned into a closet that consisted of... the leaning tower of mismatched shoes, all of my holiday decorations, tons of empty boxes?! and just plain crap. Do you remember the place in the movie "Halloweentown" where all things go when they are lost, well that was this closet! 

I started by just literally taking EVERYTHING OUT! I like to start with a blank canvas. From there, I wiped down the walls and vacuumed the carpet. Then, Philip helped me by separating all of our shoes into pairs, and anything that didn't have a pair met the garbage can! 


Our living room floor was covered in shoes! haha

Next, I purchased a 6 shelf organizer from Target for $12.99 that fit WAY more than 6 pairs of shoes! I organized them so that I got the top 3 and he got the bottom 3! 


I had to stack my boots along the bottom because they did not fit, and the shoes we do not wear very often went in the plastic bin on the bottom! Jackets and coats are hung on the sides of the organizer. I cleared off the top rack for purses I use often so when I am running out the door to work it is a one stop shop! 

Also, just a little tip. I picked up some of those sneaker deodorizer balls at Ross for a couple bucks and stuck one on each shelf so the closet doesn't smell like shoes! 

Day 1 of Spring and I am already feeling pretty darn accomplished haha, this has been a problem area in our house basically since we moved in! So glad to say that is over, now just to keep it that way! 

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment