Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Cleaning Series: The Living Room!

Happy Sunday! 

Day 2 of Spring Cleaning and I decided to tackle the next room, my living room!
I have to admit, this was a bit of a process! There were so many steps that needed decluttering that I thought I would walk you through each one. If it applies to your house, great! If not, skip past it! 

The Living Room! 

First things first, I went around the room item by item in a line, so the first thing I started with was, the boys toy basket! Sadly, I went through and threw away all the toys that were shredded, dismembered, and just plain old! They made this quite difficult because they keep stealing things and running away from me haha! Balto is so attached to his ducks! 


Don't feel bad for them! They have plenty! 

Next I was on to the entertainment center. I started first by taking everything off it, except for obviously the TV. I wiped our TV down with some electronic screen cleaner, I like to use: DI Screen Dr Professional. It's ammonia free and safe on pretty much any electronic you can think of! I use it for all of our TV's, Computers, Phones, and to clean my glasses! Then I used my favorite cleaner, Method, to wipe down the entire piece. I love Method products because they are safe to use on pretty much every surface but are also non-toxic, plant based cleaners so they are safe around my fur-babies! 


The Lime and Sea Salt is my favorite! 

After wiping the entire thing down, I emptied out every single pesky drawer and cabinet and ended up with three full trash bags! We had cords upon cords that went to NOTHING! Philip play's XBOX and I promise you I found 50+ dead batteries in the drawers! 


Another helpful hint, because we are pretty big movie buffs and have quite the collection, rather than having all of the DVD cases that take up a ton of space, purchase a DVD Sleeve Organizer! We got ours at Best Buy for a really great deal and they hold 72 DVD's and take up as much space as like 4 DVD cases! 

I wiped down all of my decorative accents and put them back in their place and I was on to the next stop! We have a ladder bookshelf that we use for storage and what not so I made sure to wipe that down really good, once again with Method, and clean the decorative accents. If you have any suggestion for what I could use the bottom shelf for, I would love that!! 

The couches and seating are leather so there is not much I can do but I did wash the blankets and pillows that we keep on them. 

The coffee and side tables were next and I cleared them off and wiped them down! Philip and I are notorious for losing our remotes so I purchased a white tray from home goods for a couple dollars as a chic remote caddy! I wiped down my decorative accents, threw away any old magazines and garbage and my room was pretty much done! 



The only thing that was left was the floor! I vacuumed the carpet and noticed, God! Does my carpet have some serious stains! After vacuuming I went in with probably the best purchase I have ever made! 


I picked up the Resolve Easy Clean Carpet Kit a couple months ago and all you have to do is purchase the carpet cleaning bottle and it's just as good as one of those steam cleaners! Basically, you just screw on a new canister of carpet cleaner and brush it into your carpet! One can will last me the entire room. If I want to do multiple rooms, I would need to purchase more! You let the solution sit for about 30 minutes and then you vacuum it up and voila! Your carpet looks BRAND NEW! 



That's it, now my living room is spick and span and clutter free! 

Thanks for taking the time to clean with me! 

Oh and by the way! How cute is this pillow we got as a gift from my mom??



XO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment